The British Coatings Federation is the sole UK Trade Association representing the interests of the decorative, industrial and powder coatings, printing inks and wallcovering manufacturers.
Coatings are critical to UK industry, with 300,000 workers relying on our members’ products every day, and the UK is a net exporter of coatings and inks. BCF’s members represent 95% of the UK sales of coatings, inks and wallcoverings.
The BCF’s agenda is to:
- reduce the cost and complexity of regulation
- enhance competitiveness
- ensure a level playing field
- promote the industry and its exports
- work with our supply chain to maximise influence
- enhance the attractiveness of the UK as a manufacturing base
- stimulate sustainable innovation
- attract and train the next generation of talent
The BCF has a new product finder tool on its website: https://www.coatings.org.uk/directory/product-finder.aspx as well as a section for deco paints for the general public and professional decorators here.
BCF also provides a range of guidance and information, including:
- Paintsafe Trifold
- BCF Industry Waste
- HS 032 Lead in Painted Surfaces guidance for the general public March 2020
- HS 034 Lead in Painted Surfaces guidance for Professional Decorators March 2020
- Paintcare Copy
If there are any other documents you would like to view, please follow the link below. This will re-direct to a page that holds the most up to date information for the coatings industry.