The Painting and Decorating Association is closely monitoring the current situation regarding Brexit.
We have already circulated information to our members, but we want to make sure you best prepare and plan for how the virus might impact your business.
Therefore, we will continue to compile information and advice, as well as update this page to keep you in the loop.
Information, guidance and updates on Brexit for the industry
Last updated: 23 April, 2021
NEW: Build UK’s Brexit Website
Following the end of the Brexit transition period, there are now new rules for doing business with the EU. Build UK’s dedicated Brexit webpage collates all the latest information for members, including the new Points‐Based Immigration System, importing and exporting, and product marking and availability.
RMF & Wright Hassall Circular economy event
Wright Hassall is delighted to invite you the next Construction Lawbyes Webinar on Thursday 29th April 2021.
The event will be held through Zoom and will start promptly at 9am with the session ending at approximately 10.15am.
NWebinar – Post-Brexit Supply Chain Hurdles
Are you still preparing for your run up, already clearing the hurdle or sprinting ahead?
Join Azets for their webinar, where their Customs and VAT experts will consider some of the key changes and common hurdles now faced by UK businesses and businesses which have a trade footprint in the UK.
With what can only be described as fairly late notice of the trade agreement struck between the EU and the UK just 7 days before the end of the Brexit Transition Period at the end of 2020. Businesses have had to deal with many post-Brexit hurdles connected to their individual supply chains at considerable pace.
For more information, click here.
Message from the Cabinet Office
Please find the below message from Cabinet Office.
- SME Funding
HMRC published guidance last week on grants to help small and medium-sized businesses who are new to importing or exporting goods with the EU. The funding will support advice and training on the following:
- How to complete customs declarations
- How to manage customs processes and use customs software
- Specific import and export related aspects including VAT, excise and rules of origin.
For further details and information on eligibility, please click here.
- Business Support Helplines
Alternatively, you can contact the Business Support Helpline directly:
- Businesses in England, call 0800 998 1098
- Businesses in Scotland, call 0300 303 0660
- Businesses in Wales, call 0300 060 3000
- Businesses in Northern Ireland, call 0800 181 4422.
- Trading Support Helplines
Please find below a list of some useful helplines and contacts for borders and trading:
- HMRC Customs & International Trade Helpline for general customs queries. They can be reached on 0300 322 9434 or on webchat via gov.uk here.
- HMRC National Clearance Hub for border movement support. They can be reached on 0300 322 7900, with additional information available here.
- HMRC Borders Support for queries around specific consignments which are already live in transit. Please contact them via email, email@example.com.
For a full list of Brexit Transition Helplines, please click here.