Celebrating old and new
Categories: Pda News | Tags: None
With the end of another year fast approaching, we are celebrating another successful year for the PDA and our members, and are looking forward to what 2019 will bring.
This year, we hosted, and took part in a number of events and sector related initiatives:
- 2018 Apprentice/Trainee competition which was won by Abigail Johnson from Bradford & Leeds College of Building.
- 2018 Wall Paperhanger Competition which was won by Adam Knowles from Bagnalls (Senior Section) and Lewis Boyle from Bagnalls (Junior Section)
- Hosted the UNIEP's (European Painters Trade Association) General Assembly in York over a three day period
- Paint Ball 2018 - Liverpool – a fun weekend event which included a river trip on the Mersey, a seminar by Robert Smith, and the Apprentice Paperhanger awards presentation, culminating with a black tie gala dinner.
- Had a stand at the National Painting and Decorating Show, which was held at the Ricoh Arena in November. This annual two-day event once again proved very popular with all sectors of the painting and decorating industry.
- Many new Associate Manufacturer/Suppliers have joined us as members throughout 2018.
- Took part and signed up to in the Mental Health Awareness Campaign throughout 2018.
- We have also launched a Facebook group for PDA members – click here to join
We will soon be announcing the details of the 2019 National Painting and Decorating Show, so keep checking our website for details of this and our other events.
Start 2019 with an award!
The Premier Trophy Awards 2019 closing date for entries is Friday 11th January 2019. Download an entry form today to enter these prestigious awards. Full information on the awards criteria and the various categories can be found on our awards page.
The Premier Trophy Awards 2019 Apprentice /Trainee Competition which will be held at two locations in May; download the application form here.
Recognising the future talent of the painting and decorating industry, the 2019 Apprentice Paperhanger of the Year will be held on 4th June 2019 at The Hub, Doncaster College. These awards are open to all UK registered apprentices, and finalists will be invited to attend the national networking event at The Hub, where all food and travel expenses as well as overnight accommodation on the night before the event will be paid for by the PDA. Entry details and forms can be downloaded here.
During 2019 we will be announcing more events, as well as great deals and offers from our Associate members. To ensure you don't miss out, keep an eye out for our monthly e-Newsletters and the bi-monthly Decorator Magazine.
December 21, 2018 | Share: