The only UK-wide trade body for the painting and decorating sector has joined forces with a construction wellbeing charity.
The Painting and Decorating Association has become a Company Supporter of the Lighthouse Construction Industry Charity (Lighthouse Club), giving PDA Members access to range of services including a 24-hour helpline and wellbeing masterclasses.
The Lighthouse Club are the only charity that is 100% dedicated to the construction community in the UK and Ireland, and provides a variety of resources and support, to promote emotional, physical and financial wellbeing.
Chief Executive of the PDA, Neil Ogilvie said:
“We are proud and delighted to be official supporters of the Lighthouse Club.
“This charity provides some really important and useful services for people working in construction trades, which we believe will be very beneficial to our members.
“Their work is vital, and we look forward to building a strong relationship going forward.”
PDA Members can now access the five free Workforce Wellbeing services delivered by Lighthouse Club:
- 24/7 confidential helpline – available to Members, their employees and subcontractors/agency workers. Also available in multiple languages
- Text HardHat – a 24/7 text-back counselling service
- Self-support app – wellbeing support app called ‘Construction Industry Helpline’ signposting to more than 3,000 accredited support organisations and packed with information about conditions and coping strategies
- Wellbeing Academy – free training including self paced e-learning, CPD accredited masterclasses and MHFA accredited Mental Health First Aid training.
- Lighthouse Beacons – over 350 volunteer centres around the UK and Ireland offer drop-in sessions for workers to socialise and talk with likeminded people
Bill Hill, CEO of the Lighthouse Construction Industry Charity said:
“We are delighted to have PDA on board as a supporter.
“As well as providing a sustainable income they are also ensuring that we reach their Members so that as many people as possible know about, and can access our charitable services.“
For more information about joining the PDA, visit Become a Member ≫